- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chewy Chocolate-Coconut Joy Bars Recipe Recipe Video
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sweetened flaked coconut||14 Ounce, divided|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Cup (48 tbs), melted|
|Devil's food cake mix||9 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Emi-sweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.8%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g107.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 68.2 mg
Sodium 199.9 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Finely slice almonds and toast in a pan for 7 minutes or until becomes brown.
3. In a bowl combine almonds, coconut, flour, brown sugar and baking soda.
4. Add butter; mix until crumbly.
5. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of Large Bar Pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in clean batter bowl, combine cake mix, remaining brown sugar, egg and water; whisk until smooth.
7. Take out crust from oven and pour batter over it.
8. Sprinkle batter evenly with the chocolate morsels and remaining coconut. Bake for 12 minutes.
9. Melt some chocolate morsels in microwave.
10. Spoon melted chocolate into reseal able plastic bag.
11. Drizzle chocolate over toasted coconut topping.
12. Garnish bars with toasted sliced almonds and serve warm or at room temperature.