- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chevres Bathed in Herbs and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Recipe
|Fresh thyme sprigs||12 Large|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs||12 Large|
|Dried lavender||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Lavender||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Mild goat cheese||11 Ounce, cut crosswise into 8 rounds (1 Log, Chevre, Soft, Without Ash)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Niqoise)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ripe figs||16 , halved (Fresh)|
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 667
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.1%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.6 mg
Sodium 182.8 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 17 g34.6%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 54.5% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In the bottom of a shallow dish, arrange half the thyme, rosemary, and lavender.
2) Place the 8 chevres on top.
3) Cover with the remaining herbs.
4) Drizzle the oil over the cheese and herbs so as to cover completely.
5) Sprinkle pepper on top.
6) Cover with plastic wrap.
7) Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
8) Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator and let warm to room temperature before serving.
9) Arrange the figs decoratively around the cheese before serving.