- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chestnuts - Roast and Soup Recipe Video
|For roasted chestnut|
|For chestnut soup|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2401 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.9 mg14.3%
Sodium 5983.6 mg249.3%
Total Carbohydrates 489 g162.9%
Dietary Fiber 46.5 g185.9%
Sugars 104.2 g
Protein 36 g71.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.9% Iron 0.11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the skin of chestnut with sharp knife and set aside.
2. Place the chestnuts over the roasting pan and place that over the fire.
3. Every 3 minutes shake the roasting pan and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the skin of the chestnut and season with salt. Serve and enjoy!
You can also roast the chestnut in oven at 425 degrees for 35 minutes.
You can boil chestnut in hot water and that can be served as snack.
For Chestnut Soup
1. In a saucepan pour in the chicken stock and chestnut. Bring to boil and low the heat, simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Blend the mixture with hand blender, simmer for 5 minutes more.
3. Season soup with salt and pepper. Garnish with cream and serve.