- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seasoned Chestnut Stuffing Recipe
|Water chestnuts in water||440 Gram, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Brown breadcrumbs||100 Gram (Fresh Ones)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Large, beaten|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 951 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.4%
Saturated Fat 28 g140.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319 mg106.3%
Sodium 1247.5 mg52%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.7%
Sugars 10.9 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 39.8%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 51%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, put the chestnuts along with the breadcrumbs, lemon rind and beaten egg.
2) In a small pan, melt the butter and add the onion. Gently cook for about 10 minutes or till the onion has softened.
3) Add the onion to the bowl with the seasoning. Mix well.
4) To freeze the preparation, turn it into a polythene bag, seal, label and store in the freezer.
5) Thaw before serving in the refrigerator overnight. Use to stuff a turkey.