- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chestnut Sauce Recipe
|Chestnuts/Tinned chestnut puree||1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1023 Calories from Fat 287
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 18 g89.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 889.4 mg37.1%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.8%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 45.3 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 0.49%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare fresh chestnuts if using -remove shells and hairy skin.
2. Then simmer for 30-40 minutes and sieve them.
3. In a pan mix puree and warmed stock gradually, stirring the while to make it smooth.
4. Bring almost to boiling point, add butter and flavorings and season to taste.
5. Heat thoroughly, over gentle heat.
6. Serve immediately after heating.
7. If serving alongside roast turkey or chicken and some sausage dishes add cream, taking care that sauce is not boiling and serve immediately.