- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chestnut Cake Recipe
|Unsweetened chestnut puree||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Liqueur||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Nociello Or Eau-De-Noix)|
|Butter stick||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||8 Small, separated|
|Cream of tartar||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5285 Calories from Fat 2665
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 301 g463.7%
Saturated Fat 125.5 g627.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1813.5 mg
Sodium 583.4 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 586 g195.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.6%
Sugars 485.4 g
Protein 60 g119.7%
Vitamin A 261.8% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 39.4% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Butter and flour a springform pan of 10-inches.
3) Combine together 2 ½ cups of chestnut puree, 1 cup of heavy cream and liqueur in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium flame. Keep aside and allow to cool so that the mixture gets to room temperature.
4) Cream the butter with 1 cup of sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add egg yolks to the mixture one at a time, beating after each addition till completely blended.
5) In a separate bowl, beat the cream of tartar and egg whites till the mixture is frothy. Slowly add the remaining ½ cup of sugar, beating at all times, and continue beating till the whites are stiff without getting dry.
6) Set the electric mixer to the lowest speed, add the chestnut puree to the frothy butter-egg mix and beat till the mixtures have blended well.
7) Use a rubber spatula to fold the egg whites briskly into the chestnut batter. Turn the concoction into the prepared springform pan and smooth the top. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 20 minutes or till the cake is set but still a little underdone in the center. Bring cake to room temperatue.
8) In chilled bowls, whip the heavy cream and maple syrup with chilled beaters. Unmold the cake and garnish with the mixture.
9) Serve at room temperature.