- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chester Cakes Recipe
|Cheese||6 Ounce, shredded|
|Butter||12 Tablespoon, softened|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Filling||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cheshire)|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.6%
Saturated Fat 30 g149.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.6 mg
Sodium 328.1 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 91.7% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 30.3% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) On a marble slab, cream the butter and use your hands to work in the cheese, flour, salt, cream and cayenne pepper. Ensure that the dough is handled as lightly as possible.
3) One the ingredients have blended well together, flour your hands and form the dough into a ball.
4) Allow the dough ball to rest in a cool place or in the fridge for about 60 minutes.
5) After an hour, roll the dough to about ¼-inch thick and stamp out rounds that measure about 1-inch.
6) In the preheated oven, bake the rounds for about 20 minutes, till they are golden brown in color.
7) In the meantime, make the filling by creaming together the butter and cheese.
8) Allow the cakes to cool for a bit on the baking sheet.
9) With the filling, stick the cakes together in pairs.
10) Slightly reheat the stuffed cakes.
11) Serve the cakes hot on a serving dish that has been heated beforehand. The cakes make a good appetizer and can be served with a light salad on the side.