- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheryl Baker'S Blue Cheese Pie Recipe
|Crumbled blue cheese||50 Gram|
|Double cream||150 Milliliter|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Raisins||1 Teaspoon (Leveled), soaked in brandy (A Sprinkling)|
|Puff pastry||225 Gram|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.4 mg
Sodium 459.3 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) Thinly roll out the pastry and line a 20 cm. flat tin. Leave out just enough pastry to roll of a circle of 20 cm. for the top.
3) Mix together the 2 beaten eggs, cream and cheese.
4) Add the raisins and stir well.
5) Into the pastry shell, pour the mixture and top with the pastry circle.
6) Seal the edges properly.
7) With the other beaten egg, brush the pastry. Sprinkle salt on top.
8) Bake in the preheated oven or 20 to 25 minutes, till the pie has risen and is golden in color.
9) Transfer the pie to a decorative serving platter, cut into wedges and serve while still hot. Makes a good main course dish and a green salad can be served along side.