- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Cabernet Sauce Recipe Video
|Tart cherry preserves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cabernet wine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Fresh ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 138 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.06 g0.09%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 64.6 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 0.27 g0.55%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan placed over medium heat, add the cherry preserves and add the wine.
2) Add the black pepper and salt along with the thyme and garlic.
3) Whisk all the ingredients together and bring the mixture to a simmer.
4) Simmer the sauce by about 10 minutes, till it has reduced by 1/2.
5) Remove and discard the garlic and thyme sprigs. Let the sauce cool for about 10 mnutes.
6) Serve the sauce as a topping or side dish. Goes really well with roasted meat.