- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Holiday Cakes Recipe
|Red candied cherries||2 Pound|
|Crystallized ginger||6 Ounce|
|Walnuts||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 , separated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9835 Calories from Fat 3555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 413 g635.8%
Saturated Fat 143.9 g719.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1752.7 mg
Sodium 3897.7 mg162.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1473 g490.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.9%
Sugars 1036.4 g
Protein 126 g252.4%
Vitamin A 149.5% Vitamin C 272%
Calcium 214.3% Iron 388.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut cherries and ginger fine, using kitchen shears.
2. In a bowl combine cherries, ginger and walnuts and stir in orange juice.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and coriander.
4. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and beat in egg yolks, one at a time.
5. Stir in cherry mixture and flour mixture.
6. Beat egg whites until stiff, beating in remaining sugar.
7. Fold egg whites into cake batter.
8. Grease small loaf pans or fluted molds and spoon batter into them.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour until cakes test done.
10. Cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes and turn onto racks.
11. Frost with a confectioners' sugar icing if desired and serve.