- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Squares Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2245 Calories from Fat 815
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g142.8%
Saturated Fat 58 g290.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.9 mg
Sodium 457.1 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 347 g115.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 247.7 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 57.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 20.7% Iron 36.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Make the base by mixing together the butter, brown sugar and flour.
3) Bake in 8x8-inches pan in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till the base is golden brown.
4) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff.
5) Gradually add the sugar, salt and baking powder.
6) Beat till the mixture is very stiff.
7) Add the vanilla and then fold in the cherries.
8) Bake for about 30 minutes.
9) Cut into bars or squares and serve as a sweet treat at a party or enjoy as an evening snack with tea