- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Plum Preserves Recipe
|Red plums||10 , pitted|
|Bing cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs), stemmed, halved and pitted|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||To Taste (as needed)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1086 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1075.1 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.7%
Dietary Fiber 34.1 g136.3%
Sugars 196.8 g
Protein 18 g37%
Vitamin A 59.3% Vitamin C 207.3%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 150.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, place fruits and add water; heat until mixture boils slowly.
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and measure mixture in cups.
4. Return fruit mixture to saucepan and add equal amount to sugar; mix well.
5. Stir in salt and pectin; stir until pectin is dissolved.
6. Increase heat and boil hard for 2 minutes; stir constantly.
7. Remove pan from heat and skim top.
8. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
9. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
10. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
11. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
12. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
13. Serve Cherry/Plum Preserves with English muffins.