- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Pie (& Pie Dough) Recipe Video
|For pie dough|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (3 sticks)|
|Ice water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Cherry||3 Cup (48 tbs), pitted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 424
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.3%
Saturated Fat 30.3 g151.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126.3 mg
Sodium 210.5 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 39.7 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 13.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needcherry pitter/ toothpick
1. FOR DOUGH: In a food processor, mix flour and salt well. Add butter and pulse till it forms pea size crumbs. Slowly add water and continue mixing till the dough forms a ball when pressed with hands.
2. Place it on a wrap and press firmly into a disc. Wrap it up well and flatten it. Place it in the freezer till used. Make 2 such dough batch.
3. FOR FILLING: In a bowl mix all the ingredients well to coat the cherries and let it sit for 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Take the dough from the freezer. On a flat surface sprinkle the flour and roll out the dough to ½ inch thick.
6. Using a pie/ cookie cutter cut out the dough. Place it in the cupcake mold and put the filling.
7. Using a pizza cutter, cut the 2nd dough into strips. Cover the pie with the strips.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Check half way through and if the pie dough is turning brown, place a foil on top and continue baking.
9. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
10. In a serving plate, serve it with ice cream.