- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Orange Loaf Recipe
|Corn oil||4 Fluid Ounce (120 ml)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (150 g)|
|Self raising flour||10 Ounce (275 g)|
|Glaze cherries||1⁄2 Pound, quartered (225 g)|
|Orange||1⁄2 , rinded and finely grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3554 Calories from Fat 1170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.5%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.2%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 426 mg
Sodium 4230.8 mg176.3%
Total Carbohydrates 551 g183.8%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.8%
Sugars 334.9 g
Protein 43 g85.8%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 112% Iron 86.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a deep 18 cm/7 inch cake tin, grease it and line the bottom with greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment.
2) Heat the oevn to (180°C/ 350°F or Gas Mark 4).
3) In a bowl, put the oil, eggs, milk and sugar and beat together until well mixed.
4) In a seperate bowl, sift the flour and salt and stir in the cherries and orange rind.
5) Beat the flour mixture gradually into the oil and egg mixture, then spoon into the prepared tin.
6) Bake in a preheated moderate oven (180°C/ 350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 1 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
7) Let the loaf to cool in the tin, then turn out and remove the paper lining.
8) Wrap the loaf in foil and pack in a freezer bag.
9) Seal the bag, label and freeze.
10) Thaw the loaf in wrapping at room temperature for 3-4 hours.
11) Slice the loaf and serve.