- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Gluten Free Cherry Oat Scones Recipe Video
|Rice milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Gluten free flour mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Gluten free old fashioned oats||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dairy free soy free vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4735 Calories from Fat 1003
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g174.2%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.6 mg3.5%
Sodium 3103 mg129.3%
Total Carbohydrates 836 g278.8%
Dietary Fiber 62.5 g250.2%
Sugars 258.2 g
Protein 99 g197.4%
Vitamin A 40.3% Vitamin C 0.08%
Calcium 274.7% Iron 133.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Whisk together 1 cup of the rice milk and the cider vinegar. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour mix, xanthan gum, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add the oats and toss. Add the shortening in pieces, and work in with a pastry blender or two knives until you have a pea-sized crumb.
5. Add the cherries, tossing until combined.
6. Add the rice milk mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until combined but still clumpy.
7. Flour a work surface lightly with a little gluten-free flour mix, and turn out the dough. Lightly flour your hands. Sprinkle the dough with a little flour mix.
8. Divide the dough in half. The dough will be sticky. Shape into two 6-inch disks. Cut the disks into 6 pie-shaped wedges. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet. Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons rice milk, then sprinkle with sanding sugar.
9. Bake in the center of the oven for 17 minutes, or until lightly golden.
10. Serve warm from the oven, or let cool on a cooling rack.
This recipe has been adapted from The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook. To learn more about CYBELE PASCAL visit www.cybelepascal.com. To purchase the book visit www.amazon.com