- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Loganberry Jam Recipe
|Tart red cherries/Light cherries||2 Pound, stemmed and pitted (5 1/2 cups)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Loganberries||2 Pound (7 cups)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5916 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1518 g505.9%
Dietary Fiber 48.1 g192.3%
Sugars 1468.6 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 231.3%
Calcium 25% Iron 33%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pit cherries.
2. In a large saucepan, place pitted cherries and cover with 2 cups of sugar.
3. Add berries and cover with another 2 cups of sugar; let stand for 1 hour.
4. In the same saucepan, add remaining sugar and cook until mixture is of desired consistency.
5. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
6. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
7. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
9. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
10. Serve Cherry/Loganberry Jam over pancakes, toasts or cupcakes, as desired.