- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Cherry Danish Tart Recipe Video
|Whole wheat flour||6 Ounce|
|Cold butter||6 Tablespoon (Ice Cold)|
|Ice water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice/Plain vodka||1 Tablespoon (Ice Cold)|
|Cherry pie filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.4 mg16.1%
Sodium 385.7 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Mix together the whole wheat flour, sugar, salt and butter. Use a pastry cutter and cut the butter into the mixture.
3) Mix together the vodka and ice water.
4) Add the liquid mixture to the pie crust mixture.
5) Make a loose, flaky dough.
6) Wrap the dough in plastic and place it in the fridge for 2 hours.
7) Remove the dough from the fridge, unwrap it and sprinkle some flour over it.
8) Roll out the dough on a floured surface and remove the rough edges.
9) Place the dough on parchment paper and place the cherry pie filling on it.
10) Fold the crust up towards the center. Leave some inches open in the center.
11) Glaze the dough with some milk and sprinkle a generous amount of white sugar on top.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. When the crust is brown all over and the center is bubbling, the folditup is done.
13) Let the pastry sit at room temperature till it is cool and then slice it.
14) Serve the preparation at room temperature or chilled. Makes an excellent dessert.
This video is a creation of food wishes. You can visit food wishes for complete recipes, and more videos.