- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Custard Pie Recipe
|Granulated sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Canned dark sweet pitted cherries||16 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Superfine sugar||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2677 Calories from Fat 1184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g206.2%
Saturated Fat 75.9 g379.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1240.9 mg
Sodium 1009.5 mg42.1%
Total Carbohydrates 323 g107.5%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.2%
Sugars 198.9 g
Protein 57 g114.7%
Vitamin A 126% Vitamin C 29.6%
Calcium 71.5% Iron 62.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Scantly coat a 10-inch pie dish with butter.
3) Dredge with1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, turning the dish to coat the bottom and sides.
4) Spread the cherries evenly in the dish and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the granulated sugar.
5) In an electric blender or food processor, put the remaining granulated sugar, milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, flour and salt.
6) Process until the egg mixture batter is smooth.
7) Spoon the batter over the cherries in the pie dish.
8) Put the dish on a baking sheet.
9) Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until puffed, golden and springy to the touch.
10) Place on a wire rack and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
11) Dust the top of the pie with the superfine sugar.
12) Serve hot or slightly warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream if desired.