- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Cherry Cheese French Toast Recipe Video
|French baguette||1 Small, cubed|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce, divided (reduced fat Neufchatel)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (reduced fat or fat free)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, divided|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Cherry pie filling||4 Ounce, divided|
|Splenda||2 Small, divided|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon, divided|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.9%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 272.8 mg90.9%
Sodium 467.7 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 14 g28.8%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need2 10-12 oz ramekins (small baking dish)
1. Cut the French baguette into small cubes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree after the 2 hours time.
3. In each ramekin crack one egg add the half and half, vanilla extract and splenda whisk everything well with a fork.
4. Once done place the cubed bread in the egg mixture and puch the bread down with a spoon.
5. Place the butter on top in small bits, add the cream cheese about on teaspoon over the bread.
6. Spoon cherries on top, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
7. After two hours bake it for 20 minutes in a preheat oven.
8. Once done let it rest for 5 minutes.
9. Serve the cherry cheese French toast at breakfast.