- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Cake Recipe
|Glace cherries||6 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 (And No Milk)|
|Flour||8 Ounce (Use 1 Level Teaspoon Of Baking Powder With Plain Flour)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3165 Calories from Fat 1163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.2%
Saturated Fat 77.8 g389.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 939.2 mg
Sodium 270.1 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 460 g153.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 267.5 g
Protein 44 g87%
Vitamin A 85.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 14.9% Iron 73.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Grease and flour a 1 ½ to 2 pound loaf tin or 1 7-inch cake pan.
3) Cut the cherries in half and flour them.
4) Cream together the fat and sugar till the mixture is light and soft.
5) Gradually beat in the eggs.
6) Fold in the cherries, sieved flour and baking powder, all at once.
7) Into the prepared tin, pour the batter.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ hours, reducing the heat after about 1 hour, if required.
9) Turn the cake out on a decorative cake plate and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Makes a delectable dessert as well as tea/coffee accompaniment.