- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Almond Squares Recipe
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Almond flavoring||3 Teaspoon|
|Cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5971 Calories from Fat 2422
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 278 g427.6%
Saturated Fat 94.8 g474.2%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 876.3 mg292.1%
Sodium 2388.8 mg99.5%
Total Carbohydrates 841 g280.2%
Dietary Fiber 21.6 g86.3%
Sugars 533.7 g
Protein 76 g152.4%
Vitamin A 74.1% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 139.6% Iron 142.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and shortening.
3) First add the eggs and then the dry ingredients.
4) Add the fruit and mix well.
5) Spread the mixture in a cake pan of 9x13-inches.
6) Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
7) While still warm, cut into squares.
8) Cut into squares. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled as a party treat for kids.