- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Almond Coffee Cake Recipe
|Dried bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For The Pan)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Almonds||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), sliced (Natural)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (2 1/2 Sticks, At Cool Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||6 Large, separated (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet cherries||1 Pound, pitted|
|Confectioners' sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Garnish)|
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.7%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g99%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 234.2 mg
Sodium 212.7 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 53.3 g
Protein 11 g22.8%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F.
2) Place rack at the center of oven and heat to 375°F.
3) Butter the inside 13 X 9-inch baking pan.
4) Coat the pan with breadcrumbs and tap out the excess.
5) Using a food processor, process flour, almonds, baking powder, and salt until the resembles a powder. Keep it aside.
6) In a medium bowl, beat butter for about 1 minute with a handheld electric mixer on high speed until smooth.
7) Gently add sugar and beat for about 2 minutes until light in color.
8) Beat in yolks, the vanilla, and almond extracts one at a time.
9) With clean beaters, beat the egg whites on high speed until form stiff peaks.
10) Fold half of the whites into butter mixture and then fold in half of the almond, and flour mixture.
11) Repeat the process with remaining whites and almond-flour mixture to make a thick batter.
12) At the base of the pan spread evenly and arrange cherries in rows in the batter.
13) Bake the cake for about 35 minutes until golden brown.
14) Sift confectioners' sugar over the top.
15) Serve warm or cold.