- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherry Almond Cake Recipe
|Castor sugar||8 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Almond essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Glace cherries||4 Ounce, chopped (1 1/3 Cups)|
|Blanched almonds||2 Ounce, chopped (1/3 Cup)|
|Plain flour||12 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cherries||4 (To Decorate)|
|Almonds||4 (To Decorate)|
Calories 1332 Calories from Fat 644
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g113%
Saturated Fat 40 g200.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 421 mg
Sodium 221.6 mg9.2%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 80.9 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 23% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Take a deep 8-inch round cake tin and line it with greased greaseproof paper.
3. Cream butter, sugar and almond essence until it turns light and fluffy.
4. Stir in eggs one by one and beating well after adding every egg.
5. Sprinkle cherries, almonds and some flour on the top.
6. Sift baking powder and remaining flour together.
7. Add the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
8. At the end, mix in cherries and almonds.
9. Take the prepared tin and put the mixture in it. Arrange the cherries and almonds in a pattern on top.
10. Place the tin the oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Let it Cool.
11. Serve in a serving dish when cold.