- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherries Jubilee: Sweet World #1 Recipe Video
|Cherries juice/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (or 3 tablespoons)|
|Bing cherries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh, frozen, tinned or jarred)|
|Cold water||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 404 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.8 mg
Sodium 99.1 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 48.1 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 1517%
Calcium 17.9% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium saute pan on medium heat, put cherries, 1 cup of water and 3 tablespoons sugar or 1 tablespoon of cherry juice and cook for 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix together corn starch in 1 tablespoon of water and add to the pan.
3. Bring the mixture to simmer and reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
4. Put in the orange zest and cherries (if using tinned or jarred cherries) and stir.
5. In a microwave proof bowl, heat brandy in microwave for 10 seconds.
6. Take the pan off the heat and add the cherries and stir continuously.
7. Serve the ice cream and top with cherries.
You can scoop the ice cream few hours before serving and place the scoops on a tray and place in freezer and when ready to serve place it in serving bowl and top it the cherries.
You can flambé the cherries by placing the light close to the mixture and let the surface ignite to small fumes.