- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cherkes Tavagu From Turkey Recipe
|Oven ready chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Required)|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled|
|Onion||1 , skinned|
|Walnut halves||6 Ounce|
|Onions||1⁄2 Pound, skinned and sliced|
|Paprika pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint|
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 962 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.9%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 301.7 mg
Sodium 1623.2 mg67.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.2%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 81 g161.3%
Vitamin A 77.9% Vitamin C 14.9%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 31.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In an electric blender, grind the 4 oz walnuts. Half the remaining walnuts.
2) Make thick slices of onions and carrots.
3) In a large saucepan, place the chicken with cold water.
4) Add to the pan, carrots and slices with salt, pepper and bayleaf.
5) Cover the pan and boil the liquid.
6) Make the heat low and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
7) Let the chicken stand in the stock and cool.
8) Remove the skin from the cold chicken and discard the skin.
9) Cut teh chunks out of the chicken.
10) In a frying pan, heat the butter and mix 2 oz walnuts halves.
11) Fry the walnuts until brown.
12) From the pan, remove walnuts.
13) In the pan, add onions and fry until brown.
14) Add the paprika and chicken stock.
15) Add to the stock, grinded walnut paste.
16) season the sauce.
17) Mix in the stock chicken pieces and fried walnuts.
18) Reheat while serving.