- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster And Vegetable Salad Recipe Video
|For the dressing|
|Crisp bacon||2 Ounce, diced|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 Tablespoon, dissolved in 3 tbsp chicken stock|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|For the oysters|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|For the salad|
|Spinach leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed and dried|
|Mushroom||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced|
|Bacon strips||8 , cooked and chopped|
|Asparagus||6 , peeled, trimmed and blanched|
|Eggs||4 Large, hard boiled, peeled and diced|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Large, sliced into thin rings|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into wedges|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276.4 mg
Sodium 1011.9 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 30 g59.7%
Vitamin A 40.7% Vitamin C 46.1%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 55.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For the bacon dressing: In a saute pan on medium high, saute the garlic and onions until soft.
2. Pour in the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and mix until the sugar dissolves.
3. Add the cornstarch slurry and mix well. Cook this until the sauce thickens.
4. Stirring continuously, pour in the chicken stock and cook for about 2 minutes. Switch off the heat, let it cool for few minutes.
5. Stir in the dijon mustard and mix until well combined and set aside.
6. For the oysters: In a bowl, add and combine flour, salt and pepper to taste for the dredging.
7. Take the oysters one at a time and coat it well with the flour mixture. Repeat this step for the oysters and set aside.
8. In a wide bottomed pan, melt butter and pan fry the flour coated oysters and fry on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
9. In a serving plate, combine all the vegetables and bacon strips for the salad and place the pan fried oysters on it. Serve hot drizzled with the bacon dressing.