- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chef Kern Mattei's Pan Seared Salmon with Carrot and Apple Salad Recipe Video
|Salmon fillet||24 Ounce (6 ounce fillet)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Granny smith apple||1 , cored and julliened|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and julliened|
|Cilantro stalks||3 , chopped|
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.8%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.4 mg
Sodium 203.5 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 65.6% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 3% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a baking dish, place the salmon fillet and drizzle the soy sauce over the fish; let it sit for 15 minutes.
2. For Salad – In a small bowl, prepare the salad dressing by mixing together soy sauce, lime juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
3. In another large salad bowl, toss apple, carrot and cilantro with the salad dressing. Set aside.
4. For Salmon – Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
5. Sear the salmon fillet for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
6. Serve each fillet with ¼ of the salad for a complete meal.