- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Penne Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Penne pasta||250 Gram|
|For the sauce|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh tomatoes/Canned tomatoes||4 Medium, chop (retain juices)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (paste)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.6 mg
Sodium 1133.2 mg47.2%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 12.9 g
Protein 21 g42.6%
Vitamin A 43.3% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta in salt water for 8 minutes and once it’s done drain it and keep it aside. Reserve a little of the pasta water.
2. In a pan heat the oil and saute the garlic for a few seconds then add the fresh chopped tomatoes and the herbs along with salt and pepper. Saute until the tomatoes soften.
3. Add a little chicken stock to the tomatoes and simmer until the sauce is reduced to a thick consistency. This will take 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Once the sauce is cooked, add the cooked pasta and mix well until all of the pasta is coated with the sauce.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
6. You can serve it with grated cheese on top along with an Italian crusty bread.