- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chef Alan Chaves Presents Rainbow Rice (2/2) 大廚艾倫查維斯示範彩虹飯 Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Toasted sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Leek||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into sticks|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into sticks|
|Bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into sticks (red + Yellow)|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut lengthwise|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into sticks|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into strips|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fried garlic||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.8%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 121.2 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 10 g20.5%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, bring water to boil. Add in the carrots, bell pepper, green beans, zucchini and cabbage into it.
2. Remove them from hot water according to their cooking time like cabbage immediately, bell pepper, zucchini and green beans after 1 minute and carrots after 2 minutes.
3. Put them immediately in cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
4. In a deep pan or pot, heat oil on medium high. Pour sesame oil in it.
5. One hot add the onions. Saute them till translucent. Add the leeks and continue to sauté. Let them cook till the onion releases water and reduces in size.
6. Then add the precooked carrots, bell pepper, green beans, zucchini, cooked rice and cabbage in that order. Mix from the bottom after each addition.
7. Season with salt. Add sesame seeds and fried garlic in the end and mix well from the bottom till all are well combined. Turn off the heat.
8. In a serving plate, serve the rice hot.