- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheezee Mac and Bacon Soup Recipe Video
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bacon/Canadian bacon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
|Elbow macaroni||3⁄4 Pound, cooked|
|Blue cheese||1 Tablespoon, crumbled (as needed for garnish)|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, snipped (as needed for garnish)|
Calories 540 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g88.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.3 mg
Sodium 679.4 mg28.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 60.4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, saute the onions in butter until golden brown and tender.
2) Cut and add the bacon, then stir in flour until it resembles paste.
3) Deglaze with white wine. Then add the milk, chicken broth and seasonings.
4) Gradually stir in the cheddar cheese, blend thoroughly and cook until bubbly.
5) Stir in the cooked elbow pasta and combine well.
6) Garnish the Cheezee Mac and Bacon Soup with blue cheese, chives or bacon and serve immediately with Buffalo Chicken Strips.