- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced potato||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pasteurized process cheese spread||8 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Diced pimiento||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.1 mg
Sodium 1064.9 mg44.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 13 g25.2%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 31.3% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a 2-quart saucepan over low flame and melt butter in it.
2) Cook the carrot, onion, celery and potato in the butter over low heat, with occasional stirring.
3) Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables turn crisp and tender.
4) Mix in the flour with constant stirring.
5) Pour the broth gradually and cook it over moderate heat with constant stirring until the mixture thickens and starts bubbling.
6) Season the mixture with pepper.
7) Lower the flame and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes.
8) Serve the dish warm.
If desired, add pimento and cheese, stirring until the cheese melts completely.