- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Vegetable Chowder Recipe
|Bacon slices||10 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), diced|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||17 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||12 Ounce|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 352 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 56.2 mg
Sodium 602.3 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 67.4% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 41.9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 4-quart Dutch oven and cook bacon until brown.
2) Remove bacon from heat and reserve drippings.
3) Saute onion in the drippings until soft and then add bacon, carrot, bouillon cubes, water, and potatoes and let it boil.
4) Minimize heat, cover, and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes turn tender.
5) Add milk and corn and heat thoroughly.
6) Mix cheese and flour and toss well until cheese is coated well.
6) Add the cheese mixture to soup and stir until cheese melts.
7) Sprinkle pepper and serve.