- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
|Firm tomatoes||6 Large|
|Instant rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shredded process cheese spread||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 287 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.3 mg
Sodium 377.4 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 7 g14.2%
Vitamin A 34.3% Vitamin C 38.7%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the stems from the tomatoes and cut a slice of about ¼-inch from the top of each tomato.
2) Scoop the pulp out and reserve it.
3) With 1/8 teaspoon, sprinkle the inside of each tomato shell. Set the tomatoes aside after inverting them on paper towels.
4) Press the reserved tomato pulp through a sieve or food mill. Reserve about 6 tablespoons of the liquid.
5) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6) As per the directions on the package, cook the instant rice.
7) In vegetable oil, sauté the garlic till it is lightly browned. Remove from the heat and stir in the cooked rice and cheese.
8) Fill the tomato shells with the concoction and spoon 1 tablespoon of the reserved liquid into each tomato. Replace the tops.
9) In a greased 8-inch baking dish, place the tomatoes and spoon olive oil on the top. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
10) Serve hot.