- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Spinach Lasagna Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Canned cocktail vegetable juice||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||20 Ounce, thawed (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Lasagna noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, thinly sliced (1 Package)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3436 Calories from Fat 1174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 132 g203.2%
Saturated Fat 63.6 g317.9%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 948.3 mg
Sodium 7527.8 mg313.7%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.6%
Dietary Fiber 33.1 g132.4%
Sugars 57.6 g
Protein 266 g531.4%
Vitamin A 1257.7% Vitamin C 503.7%
Calcium 265% Iron 213.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° .
2) Take a skillet and brown ground beef in it, stirring to crumple the meat.
3) Stir in onion, mushrooms, oregano, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper to this and cook until vegetables are soft.
4) Pour in vegetable juice and stir.
5) Mix milk and flour and stir it into skillet mixture.
6) Stir constantly and cook until the mixture is thick and bubbly.
7) Mix cottage cheese with 1 egg and keep aside.
8) Drain the excess water from the chopped spinach.
9) Make a mixture of spinach, 1 egg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
10) Take a greased 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish and spread the mixture evenly in it.
11) Arrange the dish with layers of half of noodles, half of cottage cheese mixture, half of cheese slices, and half of meat mixture over spinach.
12) Repeat layers and top with Parmesan cheese.
13) Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
14) Lightly sprinkle with parsley and serve.