- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Rice Recipe
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), slivered|
|Fresh parsley/Dried parsley flakes - 1 1/2 teaspoons||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
Calories 1073 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.4%
Saturated Fat 33.5 g167.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 160.8 mg
Sodium 1602.7 mg66.8%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 51 g101.5%
Vitamin A 42.7% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 126.7% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 2 –quart casserole, mix the hot water, rice, salt and garlic powder.
2. In the microwave, cook, covered for 5 minutes at High, and then, for 13-15 minutes at Power 5 or Medium, until the Liquid is soaked and the rice is soft.
3. Mix the cheeses, almonds and parsley.
4. Let it stand, covered, for at least 5 minutes.
5. Stir to mix well and serve.