- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Women of Philly Week 1 Recipe Video
|Fresh raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chipotle chile||1 , chopped|
|Bacon bits||2 Ounce (Oscar Mayer)|
|Frozen puff pastry||1|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Philadelphia cream cheese||8 Ounce|
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.3%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.1 mg
Sodium 957.8 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 56.3 g
Protein 18 g36.3%
Vitamin A 22.3% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Add the raspberries into a pot along with the sugar and water, and heat till they turn to a syrup-like consistency.
3) In a bowl, add in the bacon bits and the chipotle. Add in the raspberries and mix well. Keep aside.
4) Flour a surface and roll out the puff pastry to your desired thickness.
5) Spread a layer of the berry mix over the pastry, leaving a little space around the pastry edges.
6) Add in 2 teaspoons of water into the beaten egg. Brush the mix around the edges of the pastry.
7) Place the block of cream cheese in the center, and fold the pastry over it.
8) Place on the baking sheet, fold side down, and brush the top with egg wash. Bake for 25 minutes, till golden brown.
9) Serve warm.