- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Nut Patties Recipe
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Celery stalks||2 , cut into pieces|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsalted, chopped|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Low fat swiss cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 479
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.9%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.6 mg
Sodium 776.3 mg32.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 30 g60.5%
Vitamin A 34.9% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine together egg, egg white, salt and pepper.
2. In a non stick skillet, heat oil and add quartered onions, celery stalks and sautÃ© until soft.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and add chopped nuts, chopped parsley, bread crumbs and cheese.
4. Add the egg mixture prepared and stir.
5. Prepare 4 patties from the mixture, using wet hands.
6. in a preheated broiler, broil the patties for about 3 minutes on each side until brown and firm.
7. Serve hot.