- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Hot tap water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.2%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg
Sodium 216.2 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 56.8%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large microwaveable casserole and place the potatoes and water in it.
2. Cover the casserole and place in the microwave.
3. In the microwave, cook the potatoes on 100 per cent power or High for 12 to 15 minutes, till it is very tender, stirring once in between.
4. Drain the potatoes.
5. With a potato masher, mash them. Alternatively, you can also mash them in an electric mixer at low speed.
6. Add cream cheese, butter or margarine, salt, and pepper to the mashed potatoes.
7. Now add the milk gradually, beating it in, till the mixture is light and fluffy.
8. Take the microwaveable casserole and spoon the mixture into it.
9. Place the casserole in the microwave. Do not cover.
10. In the microwave, cook mixture on 100 per cent power or High for 2 to 4 minutes, till it is heated through, stirring once in between.
11. Let the bake stand for 5 minutes before serving.