- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Black Bean Casserole with Vegetables and Cheese Recipe Video
|Black beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Rinsed)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Orange pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Spicy chilli sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Pinch|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Jack and cheddar mix cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Avocado oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.8%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8 mg2.7%
Sodium 539.9 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 59.2%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and add the washed and rinsed black beans, tomato sauce, celery, onions, red and orange peppers.
2. Add the spices such as chilli powder and the ginger. Also add cilantro, cilli sauce and maple syrup. Mix and combine well.
3. Take a baking dish and spray with olive oil and pour in the mixture. Flatten the mixture out in the baking dish. Sprinkle a mix of bread crumbs and cheese making sure even distribution of the bread crumbs and the cheese.
4. Bake at 350 F for 60 minutes.
5. The spicy black bean casserole can be topped with some avocado oil drizzled over it and can be served with baked tortillas
You can do a variation by putting the cheese and the breadcrumbs on when it has about 15 minutes left to cook.
Then it gets a little less crunchy and gooey.