- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Com Bake Recipe
|Cheese crackers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Whole kernel corn||12 Ounce, drained|
|American cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87 mg
Sodium 186.9 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 38.5% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a custard cup place 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
2. Place the cup in the microwave. Do not cover the cup.
3. In the microwave, cook the butter or margarine on 100 per cent power or High for 30 to 40 seconds, till it melts.
4. Take the cup out of the microwave and toss the crushed crackers in the butter or margarine. Keep aside.
5. In a large microwaveable casserole, place the red or green pepper, onion and 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine.
6. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
7. In the microwave, cook the vegetables on 100 per cent power or High for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, till the vegetables are tender.
8. Take the casserole out of the microwave and add the drained com, shredded cheese, and milk.
9. Mix everything well together.
10. Cover the casserole and place it back in the microwave.
13. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 2 to 4 minutes more, till it is heated through, stirring twice in between.
14. Serve in the casserole sprinkled with the cracker mixture.