- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Beer Vegetable Soup Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped to make 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Parsnips||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|American cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (2 Cups)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.7%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.4 mg23.1%
Sodium 424.5 mg17.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 14.6 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 78.7%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, heat butter or margarine and cook onion and green pepper till tender but not brown.
2. Combine parsnips, un-drained corn, chicken broth, beer, un-drained mushrooms, and mustard, bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or till parsnips are done.
4. In screw-top jar combine water and flour, cover and shake till thoroughly mixed.
5. Stir into hot vegetable mixture; cook till the mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring continuously.
6. Stir in the shredded cheese and continue heating till cheese is melted.
7. Arrange the soup into individual serving bowl and serve immediately with toasted garlic bread.