- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Bacon Zucchini Bake Recipe Video
|White onion||1⁄4 Small, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Salt||To Taste (Optional)|
|Black pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
|Bread crumb||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (plain Panko)|
|Mozarella cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (MIXED CHEESE)|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (smoked, MIXED CHEESE)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (MIXED CHEESE)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Turkey bacon||5 Medium, cooked, crumbled (slices)|
Calories 189 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.3 mg
Sodium 333.4 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 10 g20.3%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 36.7%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 10.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch thick circles and then cut the circles in half.
3. In a large bowl place zucchini and add in the onions and garlic.
4. Put oregano, sharp cheddar cheese, and season it with salt and pepper, if using.
5. Spray a 9 x9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
6. In a small bowl stir melted butter into bread crumbs.
7. Add zucchini mixture and spread evenly.
8. Sprinkle the top with mixed cheeses.
9. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture evenly over the top of cheese.
10. Bake for 25 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and sprinkle on more cheese if desired.
12. Continue baking for another 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender, yet firm.
13. Remove from oven and sprinkle with bacon.
14. In a serving plate, slice and serve the bake immediately with choice of main dish.