- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheesy Vegetable Grill Recipe
|Mixed vegetables/1 large can mixed vegetable||300 Gram, frozen|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Mustard||1 Teaspoon, prepared|
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.8%
Saturated Fat 18.6 g92.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.1 mg29%
Sodium 545.4 mg22.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 13.4 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 59.9% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 49.4% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Can and strain the vegetables or cook them as directed on the packet.
2. In a ovenproof dish, spread the vegetables.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter and remove from heat.
4. Stir in flour and heat gently with constant stirring for 2-3 minutes.
5. Gradually pour milk and blend; gently cook with constant stirring for 3-4 minutes.
6. Stir in 2 ounce of grated cheese and season to taste.
7. Into the bowl of vegetables, pour the cheese mixture and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
8. Place the bowl under the grill and grill for about 10 minutes until cheese is golden.
9. Serve hot cheesy grilled vegetables with a salad.