- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Cheesecake Recipe Video
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce (1 pack)|
|Sour cream fresh||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweetened condenced milk can||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||5 Tablespoon, divided|
|Orange blossom water||1 Tablespoon|
|Rose water||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Phyllo dough-kadaifi||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Simple syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 379
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 23 g115.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.3 mg43.1%
Sodium 528.9 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 23.8 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, using a blender or hand mixer, add cream cheese, sour cream and sweetened condensed milk until well blended.
3. Next, put sugar, vanilla, orange and rose water and orange zest and blend well for 1 minute. Add egg and blend for 30 seconds.
4. In a separate bowl break up the kadaifi and add the 3 tablespoon sugar and butter and mix well.
5. In a muffin tin or in a regular cheese cake pan, line it with the kadaifi pastry along the bottom and side of the pan.
6. Pour in the cheese cake filling 80% of the way of the pan.
7. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely or overnight before serving.
9. In a serving plate, slice and top with some of the simple syrup, coconut or pistachio or both and then a little bit of simple syrup on top for glaze and serve.