- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheeseburger with Clam and Pig Stew and Onions Fondue Recipe Video
|Ground pork||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, minced|
|Smoked sweet paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Smoked hot paprika||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, sliced|
|Piment d’espelette||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato in juice||1 Can (10 oz), whole peeled (small can)|
|Little neck clams||24 Medium, scrubbed and purged|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the burger patties|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Cheese slices||4 Medium|
|For the onion fondue|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced lengthwise|
|Pancetta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For assembling burgers|
|Lettuce leaf||2 Medium|
|Tomato slices||2 Medium|
Calories 3948 Calories from Fat 2736
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 307 g471.9%
Saturated Fat 96.2 g481.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 584.9 mg195%
Sodium 4251.7 mg177.2%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.3 g57.2%
Sugars 40.3 g
Protein 152 g303.7%
Vitamin A 131.5% Vitamin C 113.4%
Calcium 67.5% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. To make the burgers make patties out of the ground beef, sear in a tablespoon of oil or fat in a pan and roast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
To make the Portuguese Clam and Pig Stew:
3. In the olive oil, sweat onions, garlic, pork and spices until browned.
4. Add the tomato puree and diced tomatoes bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes.
5. Season with salt and pepper and add clams and cook until they open. bread.
To make the onion fondue:
6. In a saucepan, cure pancetta with red wine, black pepper and juniper.
7. Add onion slices and cook until done.
8. Top with the Onion Fondue and then with cheese and roast until the cheese melts on the top.
9. Serve the Portuguese Clam and Pig Stew hot with the burger.
10. Place the burger pattie on a burger bread, top with lettuce leaf and tomato slice and then with another bun.