- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1960 Calories from Fat 1381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 157 g241.4%
Saturated Fat 98.5 g492.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 470.7 mg156.9%
Sodium 2963.2 mg123.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 25.4 g
Protein 91 g181.3%
Vitamin A 95.5% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 262.1% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium saucepan, slowly heat butter just until melted and golden, not browned, stirring all the while. Remove from heat.
2. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth.
3. Add milk, a small amount at a time, stirring after each addition. Return to heat.
4. Over medium heat, bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
5. Add mustard and grated cheese to the white sauce and stir over low heat, just until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
6. Serve vegetables as broccoli and asparagus or use in casseroles.