- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk/Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1917 Calories from Fat 1252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235.2%
Saturated Fat 88.5 g442.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 473 mg
Sodium 3003.3 mg125.1%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 90 g180.1%
Vitamin A 98.7% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 257.7% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In medium saucepan, slowly heat butter just until melted and golden, not browned, stirring all the while. Remove from heat.
2. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth.
3. Add milk, a small amount at a time, stirring after each addition. Return to heat.
4. Over medium heat, bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
5. Add mustard and grated cheese to the white sauce and stir over low heat, just until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
6. Serve vegetables as broccoli and asparagus or use in casseroles.