- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
CHEESE FLAN Recipe
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortcrust pastry||1⁄4 Pound|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1142 Calories from Fat 733
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g128%
Saturated Fat 50.5 g252.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.2 mg
Sodium 976.3 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 48 g95.5%
Vitamin A 107.2% Vitamin C 95.1%
Calcium 125.8% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In the bottom of a not too deep pie dish, place cheese and onion.
3. In a large bowl, mix flour in milk and season; add over cheese in the pie dish.
4. Cover top with sliced tomatoes and dot with butter.
5. Roll the pastry and cut into thin strips.
6. Using the strip, make trellis over the top of the tomatoes.
7. Baking the pie in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
8. Serve hot cheese flan straight from the oven.