- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Straws Recipe
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Pound, grated|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.9%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 655.5 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 14 g27.7%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 30% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl cream together cheese and butter.
2) Blend in dry ingredients and mix smoothly.
4) Take out and roll the pastry thinly.
5) Using a pastry wheel or sharp knife, cut dough into twenty-four 1 x 6 pieces.
6) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
7) Fold the strips half lengthwise.
8) Twist and put on buttered cookie sheet.
9) Bake in oven at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes.
10) Store for several days.
11) Reheat before serving.
12) Serve hot.