- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Straws Recipe Video
|Puff pastry sheet||1 Large|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (any cheese)|
|Herb asiago cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (any cheese)|
|Eggs||1 , lightly beaten (mixed with 1 tbsp water)|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 483.2 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.99 g4%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 23% Iron 0.75%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl mix both the cheese.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Place the puff pastry on a flat working surface.
4. Brush the egg wash all over the sheet and sprinkle the cheese over the sheet.
5. Using a pizza cutter or knife cut the sheet into strips of around 1 inch thickness. Twist them to expose the cheese and place on the baking tray.
6. Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or till puffed up and browned.
7. In a serving plate, serve the cheese straws with any dip of your choice.