- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cheese Straws Recipe
|Grated american cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄16 Teaspoon|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg
Sodium 122.6 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 14 g27.2%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 0.47%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to the required temperature.
2) In a bowl, add in cheese, flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper and paprika. Mix them well.
3) Pour in a beaten egg and mix again.
4) Pour in just enough milk to make a very firm dough.
5) On a slightly floured surface, roll out the dough, 6 inches thick. Knife out strips 5 inches long and ¼ inches wide.
6) Bake for 15 minutes.
7)Remove from oven and serve hot.